October was wild.
Nickie and Daniel conquered the holy grail of triathlons, Kona Ironman, battling the lava field crosswinds and relentless sun(burn!) to cross the line with massive smiles on their faces leaving us in awe and damn proud!
In Melbourne, we’ve battled winds, rain, rain, rain & more rain as 16 Try-A-Triers have bravely joined coach Sarah to prep for their first race in November; Ana, Dave Izzard, Courtney & Co continue to lead the way with long rides up to Arthurs Seat and swim coach Rachel was spotted running (swimming?) in the rain & through giant puddles.
Some of us smartly escaped up to the Noosa sunshine with Mark, Steve CW, Steve B, Tammy, Tim & Mardi soaking in the glory of their winter of rehab & training .
And finally, we’re beaming to announce that Deb, Mark & Mardi were elected onto the Triathlon Victoria Board with Deb as President for 2022/23. Yes, 3 out of 7 of the Board are HTC-ers, contributing to this incredible sport that welcomes anyone irrespective of background and abilities.
Well done team! Now come on world… give us a proper SUMMER!!
What’s on November
- Try-A-Tri – 16 new triathletes swim, ride, running their way to their first race in Nov! Awesome to meet some of you at the pub on Monday & we can’t wait to cheer you on!
- 8 Week Swim Program – Time trials done, we’ve started the open water simulation squad sessions at HALC. Come on down for a Drop In session!
- ZWIFT – We’ve got a “club!” Go to “All Clubs” and search “Hawthorn Triathlon Club”
- Melbourne 70.3 Half Ironman – Sunday 13th Nov. First race of the 2022/23 Victorian Tri calendar! Come on down and cheer on the HTC-ers!
- 2XU Triathlon Series – Starts 27th Nov. Entries still open!
Every Monday and Wednesday 6.30pm at HALC with Super Coach Rachel & special guest coach Pete.
Please pay prior to entry using the stripe links on the website & facebook.
Keep an eye out for Facebook posts for Friday morning swims particularly as the weather warms & bay clears. (Check this beach report)
Thursday 6.15am at the Hawthorn Velodrome with Coach Mitch. Riders of all abilities welcome, particularly for coffee afterwards.
Saturday morning rides will continue to be posted to Facebook each week.
Also look out for a Sunday Coffee Roll over coming weeks where all abilities & bikes are welcome, either Albert Park or Yarra Boulevard.
De Castella sessions:
Tuesday 6pm at Xavier College, Kew
Thursday 6pm at the Tan
Saturday 8am at the Tan with Brunch afterwards
For more information, please contact Anthony on 0141 041 7920 or email@example.com
Tuesday 6am at Victoria Park, Kew
Thursday 6am at St James Park, Hawthorn
Thursday 6pm at Fairfield Podiatry, Fairfield
Sunday Long Run 8am Eaglemont Tennis Club
For more information please contact John 0404 882 925 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.